Surrogacy Process Overview
This page is designed to be an overview of the General process of using a Gestational Surrogate to become pregnant. Once in our program, we will guide you through every step of the process and supply you with our unique guide titled What to Expect when You’re Expecting (Someone elses’s baby!)
- Your Application is reviewed
- Interview and Question session with Intake Coordinator
- Sign HIPPA forms to request medical records
- Background check
- Insurance Review
- Psychological Consultation
Gestational Surrogacy with an Egg Donor
The Surrogate Mother becomes pregnant through IFF/ET using eggs from a donor other than the Intended Mother. The Surrogate has no genetic relationship to the child born from a Gestational Surrogacy.
The tests that accompany Surrogacy with an Egg Donor include but are not limited to Hysteroscopy/HCG, STD Testing, Trial transfer, and Psychological testing.
Once all of your questions are answered and you are cleared through the general screening, we will begin sending you profiles.
- We will send you Intended Parent profiles that meet your Matching Preferences
- Once you like a profile, the Intended Parents will be sent your profile for their review
- If everyone mutually agrees, a monitored phone call will be arranged between parties
- If you like everyone on the phone, we can schedule your medical screening, where you will also meet the Intended Parents at the clinic
Generally, once you confirm your match, you will be scheduled for your screening at the clinic. Escrow will be established to take care of all your expenses.
- Medical screening for you and your partner/husband when applicable
- Meet Intended Parents at the clinic
- All expenses paid to travel there, plus meal allowance, childcare, lost wages, bag fees and invasive procedure fees
- Medical screening for Intended Parents
Screening is completed, and everyone is cleared to proceed with legal. We can recommend an experienced reproductive Law Attorney to represent you, or if you know someone you already like, we are happy to set up your review with them. The Parents’ attorney will draft the agreement and review, then you will review.
- Intended Parents sign Legal match sheet containing all of your terms from your profile
- Intended Parents’s Attorney drafts Agreement and reviews
- You review the agreement with your attorney and make any change requests
- Agreement is signed and notarized.
Once Legal is completed, then you will be cleared for the Clinic to schedule your calendar. In Texas, 14 days must pass before you can begin cycle medication. Click here for a detailed Medical overview of Gestational Surrogacy.
- The Gestational Surrogate will receive a calendar from the clinic
- Your Coordinator will call you and walk you through the calendar, to be sure you understand each medication and dosage
- You will start medication, receiving the $250 start meds fee.
- The Egg Donor will begin medication about 2 weeks after you have.
- The Donor will have the eggs retrieved and fertilized. Testing may be done to determine their quality and suitability.
- You will transfer either 1 or 2 embryos, depending on your profile and preference.
- You will transfer, with all travel, childcare, lost wages, meal allowance and expenses paid. You will also receive your transfer fee.
- You will begin testing at home as soon as 5 days following the transfer, and have your blood test 2 weeks later.
- Once there is a confirmed pregnancy, you will receive your first comp payment.
- You will continue to see your fertility clinic for monitoring until being released to your OB-GYN or midwife.
During the remainder of your pregnancy, you will be in contact with your coordinator for any issues, and to answer any questions you have. Kristen Hanson will continue to insure you are paid on time through direct deposit in your escrow account.
At the beginning of the second trimester, your attorney will review the paperwork for the Pre-Birth order with you to insure you do not have any questions. We will file that paperwork with the hospital and insure there are no details forgotten at birth. You will complete a birth plan to share with your Intended Parents about your preferences during delivery. Once you deliver, your coordinator will meet you at the hospital if you are local, and as thanks, you will receive a personalized push gift.
Please visit our FAQ page for answers to questions you may have!